Thursday, December 12, 2013

The End Of The Rainbow


Yay! I'm so excited this morning!  This past week, I've had some up and down moments.  I have been actively working at starting a computer graphics business.   I love learning to work on the illustrations, but then I get a bit frustrated when it comes to the marketing.  Let's just say I do not have a talent for reading and understanding contracts.   It is very important to find a good venue for selling my designs and for me to find the right target market to suit me.  There are times when I think too broadly and want my designs to appeal to everyone, but this leaves me with no direction or motivation.  Art is not about selling, it is about expressing yourself.   I have realized this week that if my artwork does not appeal to me first, then I won't be motivated to create.  So, why am I so excited? I started forming my business plan.  This forced me to consider what my goals really were.   While struggling with that, I discovered a target market that appeals to me!   Trust me, that's exciting because I will now be able to focus all my attention on ideas I like.  The focus of my designs will be of homesteading, nature, and healthy living.

This past week I started an online portfolio for my photography.  I love getting to share my photos with you.  Please see them and leave comments on ones you like.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildlivingarts/




 
A few days ago, I make another trek up the hill behind our house.  I was happy during the last hike to find an open area with lots of blueberry bushes, and raspberry plants, and a tree that I think is a hazelnut (but I can't be sure until the snow melts away and the leaves spring to life again).   This time I was anxious to get all the way to the top near the bluffs and have a good look around.  Everything was so beautiful in the crisp morning air.  See the rainbow  that overlooks our place down below?  I know I'm in the right place for me.  In the other photo, the foreground is a hill covered with thornless raspberries.  That's where you'll find me come berry picking season.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment